Safe Mothers, Safe Babies is growing, and we’ve reached a point that we now need more people to join our team! We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Director of Research and Development: Researches the best practices in the field for each of SAFE’s projects and influences programming decisions based on that research. Also seeks to present SAFE’s experiences and lessons learned to shape other organization’s understanding of best practices.
- Donor Relations Chair: Responsible for grant reporting and keeping in touch with SAFE’s donors. This includes follow-up after grant or donation dispersal as well as keeping an ongoing database of donors current.
- Communications Manager: Responsible for generating content for the Safe Mothers, Safe Babies website, social media, blog, newsletter and annual report.
- Media Relations Manager: Will develop and implement a strategic media relations plan. This will include sending press releases and pitch letters to members of the media in both the United States and Uganda around key SAFE initiatives and events to generate positive coverage of SAFE’s work and promote maternal and newborn health initiatives more broadly.
- Fundraising Team Members: Will plan and execute domestic fundraisers and education campaigns.
The requirements for volunteering: dedication to maternal and child health, appreciation of the participatory development approach (working WITH people instead of for them), ability to work well both independently and as part of a team, and a minimum of at least 2-4 hours per week (depending on position).